SEMI® Semiconductor Packaging Materials Market Research / Market Report
Semiconductor Packaging Materials Market Research
The electronics market sector is increasingly driven by consumer spending, where electronic products require more than performance and speed. Product look and feel, functionality, time to market, and cost are becoming critical factors, and packaging plays major role in delivering solutions to meet these needs.
Consumer electronics are changing how semiconductor devices are thinned, die attached, bonding wire and encapsulated, with materials playing a major role enabling the development of newer packaging technologies.
Typical Semiconductor Packaging Materials
A key business issue with a consumer electronics driven market is that semiconductor manufacturers and packaging subcontractors are experiencing severe pricing pressure from their customers. Thus, manufacturers are pushing cost reduction at a faster pace to offset erosion in semiconductor average selling prices (ASP).
For the latest info, please view the info on this page as well as some of our products we have available for this market segment.
- Semiconductor Plastic Packaging Materials Market to Approach $21B by 2017 (January 2014)
- Substrate and Interconnect Materials Trends in Packaging (January 2014)
- Semiiconductor Materials Market to Approach $50 Billion in 2014 (October 2013)
- Strategic Materials Conference presentations (.pdf) now available to SEMI Members (October 2013)
- A Glimpse into the Semiconductor Packaging Market in China (February 2013)
- A Changing Packaging Materials Market (June 2012)
- 2012 Market Outlook for Laminate and Leadframe Materials (January 2012)
- Market Growth for Semiconductor Packaging Materials (December 2011)
- New Global Semiconductor Packaging Materials Outlook Report Published!!! (December 2011)
- Semiconductor Packaging Equipment Market Outlook (July 2011)
- Foundry/Assembly Partnerships Move the Industry Forward in TSV Technology (Nov 2010)
- Recent Developments in Advanced Packaging Materials– SEMI Theater (Jul 2010)
- January 2010 Global Leadrame Shipments (Feb 2010)
- Productivity Transfer Propels Further Growth of China Packaging Industry (Feb 2010)
- Semiconductor Industry Opinions Concerning the Selection of Bonding Wire Material (Jan 2010)
- Japanese Companies Continue to Dominate Packaging Materials Market (Jan 2010)
- Growing Packaging Materials Market under Pressure (Dec 2009)
- Plastic Packaging Materials Market to Reach $20.1 Billion by 2013 (Nov 2009)
- Trends in Advanced Packaging– TechSearch Inc. (Jul 2009)
- Leadframe Unit Shipments Trends Show Signs of Recovery (Apr 2009)
- Semiconductor Materials Post Record Revenue for Fourth Straight Year (Mar 2009)
Global Semiconductor Packaging Materials Outlook 2013/2014
China Semiconductor Packaging Market Outlook
3D Integration: A Progress Report
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows