SEMI ISS EUROPE 2009 to Focus on Leadership in Difficult Times
SEMI ISS EUROPE 2009 TO FOCUS ON LEADERSHIP IN DIFFICULT TIMES
SEMI Conference Gathers 150 Industry Leaders at ISS Europe 1-3 February 2009 in Dresden
BRUSSELS, Belgium – 6 January 2009 – SEMI Europe’s Industry Strategy Symposium (ISS Europe) 2009, the premier executive forum to discuss our industry’s future, goes to Dresden on 1-3 February 2009. This year’s program features presentations from top analysts and CEOs from Infineon, Russian State Nanotechnologies Corporation, ST-NXP Wireless, X-Fab, AMD Saxony and executives from TSMC, Intel, Q-Cells, NXP, Bosch, Umicore and more. Company tours are arranged to Infineon, Qimonda and AMD. ISS Europe 2009 is sponsored by AMD and Wirtschaftsförderung Sachsen.
The transformation of the European microelectronics is continuing at a rapid pace. Traditional European market leaders are modifying and re-inventing themselves to match global market changes while at the same time explosive growth has occurred in new and developing market segments. In this environment, a clear strategic direction is required both for individual companies operating in Europe as well as across Europe as a whole—if we are to take full advantage of the continuously changing and expanding microelectronics market.
This must be accompanied by strong and decisive leadership, especially in the challenging macro-economic climate that we now live in.
“ISS Europe is more than a symposium to discuss our industry’s future in Europe” said Heinz Kundert, president, SEMI Europe. “It is a forum for decision-makers across the entire microelectronics supply chain to meet with their peers and gather perspectives from many world-famous experts in business and economics, and then build their own strategies more effectively.”
ISS Europe 2009 creates a unique atmosphere in which senior industry executives with their peers can discuss critical issues, while being stimulated with a range of topical presentations.
This year’s guest speaker is Fons Trompenaars. On the theme of “Riding the Whirlwind,” he will share his thoughts on how managing complexity in a heterogeneous environment is a major challenge for today’s international corporate leaders.
1. Stanislav Tillich, Prime Minister of Saxony
2. Anatoly Chubais, Director General of Russian State Corporation for Nanotechnologies
3. Hans Deppe, Corporate VP and Managing Director, AMD Saxony
4. Peter Bauer, CEO, Infineon Technologies
5. Alain Dutheil, CEO, ST-NXP Wireless
6. Hans Jürgen Straub, CEO, X-Fab
7. Peter Geiselhart, Senior VP, NXP Semiconductors
8. Jim O’Hara, General Manager, Intel Ireland
9. Paolo Gargini, Intel fellow and group director, Technology & Manufacturing, Intel
10. John Wei, Senior Director, TSMC
11. Jean-Marc Chery, CTO and Executive VP, STMicroelectronics
12. Gerhard Rauter, COO, Q-Cells
13. Jiri Marek, Senior VP Engineering Sensors, Robert Bosch
14. Stephen Welton, Senior Partner CCMP London and Chairman of Edwards
15. Marc Van Sande, CTO and Executive VP of Business Group Advanced Materials, Umicore
16. Thorsten Widmer, 200mm Project Manager, Robert Bosch
17. Frank F. Bier, Vice Director Fraunhofer Institut for Biomedical (IBMT)
18. Bill McClean, President, IC Insights
19. Malcolm Penn, President and CEO, Future Horizons
For additional information and to register for the conference, please visit www.semi.org/isseurope or contact Delphine Sartiaux at SEMI Europe (telephone: +32 2 289 64 96, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Austin, Bangalore, Beijing, Brussels, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
Carlos Lee / SEMI Europe
Tel: +32 2 289 64 90
Scott Smith/SEMI US
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows