Event Highlights at SEMICON Europa 2007
Event Highlights at SEMICON Europa 2007
Exposition Programs Address all Aspects of Semiconductor Manufacturing and PV Supply Chains
BRUSSELS, Belgium – October 3, 2007 – SEMI today offered visitors insight into some of the key topics to pay attention to during the upcoming SEMICON Europa 2007 conference, which is taking place October 9-11 at the Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre in Germany.
“SEMICON Europa 2007 offers a comprehensive program set that will address all aspects of the semiconductor and photovoltaic supply chain, giving attendees the first looks at innovative new technologies” said Heinz Kundert, president of SEMI Europe. “And it provides the perfect platform to participate in hearty discussions on Europe’s competitiveness, industry challenges and opportunities.”
Key topics of interest at this year’s SEMICON Europa include:
1. Executive Summit – This is a very special event, themed “Enforcing Competitiveness of the European Semiconductor Industry,” features speakers from all facets of the semiconductor and Photovoltaic manufacturing supply chain, who will explore the challenges facing the microelectronics industry in Europe and examine the opportunities to pursue in order to strengthen the regional high-tech industry.
Speakers for the Summit include Wolfgang Ziebart, CEO of Infineon Technologies; Peter Woditsch, CEO of Deutsche Solar; Bernd Haeuser, senior vice president of Bosch; André-Jacques Auberton-Hervé, CEO of Soitec; and Papken der Torossian, executive chairman of Vistec.
2. Fab Managers Forum – The SEMI Fab Managers Forum has become a recognized meeting platform for fab managers, executives and professionals from the European semiconductor industry to meet and discuss topics of mutual interest in the essential drive toward total productivity in semiconductor manufacturing.
3. Advanced Packaging Conference – This conference is targeted at advanced packaging experts, as well as their manufacturing and R&D counterparts and the key representatives of packaging and service companies. With two days of sessions focused on first-level packaging, the conference will feature presentations by some of the foremost experts in the field.
4. International MEMS/MST Industry Forum - Europe leads the world in innovation in MEMS/MST design and manufacturing. With MEMS/MST growth—particularly in automotive applications, of which Europe generate more than 40 percent of the market—come new challenges and opportunities in design, materials, and manufacturing.
SEMICON Europa features a strong focus on MEMS/MST, with exhibits from leading technology companies and the International MEMS/MST Industry Forum, which provides keen insight into the latest advances in MEMS/MST.
5. 3rd Advanced Photovoltaic Manufacturing Technology Conference – The 3rd Photovoltaic Manufacturing Technology Conference will focus on the solutions, equipment, and materials that the industry is able to provide to the wafer, cell and module makers in order to become more competitive in the global energy market. Industry leaders will present their suggestions for improvements both for bulk silicon processes and for the fast developing thin-film production facilities. Different elements of the production process will be highlighted: integrated logistics and automation; quality control and monitoring; and energy conservation. New technology breakthroughs will also be presented; for instance, the use of MEMS know-how to improve the efficiency of photovoltaic cells or the use of laser micro-jets for cutting and edge isolation.
The conference is split in two segments: bulk-Si manufacturing process, and the strong upcoming thin film manufacturing technologies. Facilities, although applicable for both segments, will be covered in the bulk-Si segment.
SEMICON Europa will also feature numerous business and management programs, including the seminar “Strategies for IP Management,” which will focus on the theme ‘equipment suppliers as enablers of technologies; and the seminar, and “Access to Finances,” which is intended to bridge the gap between the industry and the financial community.
For more detailed program information, or to register for the show, please visit www.semiconeuropa.org. .
SEMI is a global industry association serving companies that provide equipment, materials and services used to manufacture semiconductors, displays, nano-scaled structures, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and related technologies. SEMI maintains offices in Austin (Texas), Beijing, Brussels, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose (Calif.), Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
Association Contacts :
Vincent Dubois/SEMI Europe
Scott Smith/SEMI US
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows
- SEMI Members