SEMI Europe Member Advocacy
SEMI Europe Member Advocacy
As the voice of the semiconductor equipment and materials industry, SEMI represents member interests throughout the year, working with policymakers and other groups and individuals who are shaping the business environment. Our collective voice, however, is made stronger by active member involvement, so we encourage you to join us in support of our Industry Advocacy endeavors.
SEMI has 11 offices across the world including Brussels and Washington, DC. If you would like to learn more and get actively involved with SEMI’s Member Advocacy activities and working groups, please contact Ourania Georgoutsakou at email@example.com.
Existing Working Groups and Current Activities
EHS and Regulatory
- SEMI REACH Chemicals Suppliers Working Group
- SEMI REACH Equipment Suppliers Working Group
- ICRC – International Compliance and Regulatory Committee
- RoHS – Restriction of Hazardous Substances
- PFOS – Perfluorooctyl sulfonates
- White Paper on WEEE and RoHS Directives of the European Union
- SEMI Members and Sustainability
- SEMI Global Care program
- SEMI Grapevine
- Akira Inoue Award
- SEMI and the European Union (European Commission and European Parliament)
- SEMI Investor Relations
- SEMI Foundation and SEMI High Tech U program
- Other working groups and special interest groups
Objective: Address REACH regulatory concerns for SEMI member companies that make chemicals/materials for semiconductor device manufacturing.
Meetings: Monthly teleconferences and occasional face-to-fate meeting.
- Hans Vloeberghs, FujiFilm Electronic Materials (Belgium), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rory McCarthy, Brewer Science (USA), email@example.com
Objective: Address REACH regulatory concerns for SEMI member companies that make semiconductor manufacturing equipment. SEMI has two separate groups (Chemicals/Materials suppliers and Equipment suppliers) because the interests of both are not necessarily the same, but these two groups work together when mutually beneficial.
- Bert Planting, ASML (Netherlands), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Crane, Applied Materials (USA), email@example.com
- Dave Einolf, AXT Corporation (USA), firstname.lastname@example.org
ICRC – EHS International Compliance and Regulatory Committee
Meetings: About 9 times / year mainly via teleconference.
Co-Chair: Mark Frankfurth, Cymer (USA), email@example.com
“ATEX task force meeting at SEMICON Europa”
Co-Chair: Brian Claes, LAM (USA), firstname.lastname@example.org
“RoHS workshop hosted by ASML”
Global Care is a semiconductor and equipment industry initiative designed to establish a framework on which the diverse membership of SEMI can build and strengthen commitment to the environment, health and safety (EHS).
A discussion group covering EHS topics in the semiconductor industry. Administered by SEMI.
SEMI and the European Union (European Commission and European Parliament)
For Outstanding Achievement in Environment, Health, and Safety in the Semiconductor Industry
IP protection is becoming an increasingly important issue for our industry. Strong and effective IP protection is critical for SEMI member companies in all regions of the world. For this reason, SEMI is actively working to provide educational opportunities for companies, to work with governments to strengthen IP enforcement, and to advocate on the industry’s behalf.
SEMI Europe works with over 25 industry publications.
The SEMI Foundation supports education and awareness of the field of high technology. The Foundation’s “High Tech U” program encourages high school students to stay in school; take math, science and technology courses; and see that they can have a bright future in the microelectronics industry. High Tech u programs take place around the globe; in Europe programs have been held and are planned in Grenoble (ST, Soitec), Aix-en-Provence (ST), Villach (Infineon), Dresden.
“HTU Program in Grenoble, France”
- CGMG – Chemicals and Gases Manufacturers Group
- SMG – Silicon Manufacturers Group
- MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems)
Get Involved! Be heard!
If you would like to learn more and get actively involved with SEMI’s Member Advocacy activities and working groups in Europe, please contact Ourania Georgoutsakou at email@example.com.
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows