450mm, 14nm Scaling Challenges to Highlight SEMICON Korea Kickoff on January 30
SEOUL, Korea — December 17, 2012 —Technological and economic challenges to continued scaling and 450mm wafer development will highlight conference programs and exhibitor displays at SEMICON Korea 2013, held from January 30-February 1 in Seoul. Co-located with LED Korea 2013, the largest exhibition in the world for LED manufacturing, the event will bring together global leaders in semiconductor manufacturing to share critical new technological development and business opportunities. The events will feature over 500 exhibiting companies from 20 countries and more than 45,000 attendees.
Projects driving the Korean equipment market this year include but are not limited to Samsung ramping Lines 16, S1-A and S1-C and making technology upgrades to many of its other lines. In addition, SK Hynix is expected to upgrade its M10 and M11(+M4) and ramp M12. In 2013, fab equipment spending is expected to reach $8.6 billion, representing 23 percent of the world’s total spending. Only Taiwan will outspend Korea on fab equipment in 2013. Korea is expected to spend $10.0 billion in 2014 — an expected 15-16 percent increase.
SEMICON Korea 2013 is the leading semiconductor technology event to explore the latest market trends and future developments for technology, featuring extensive technical forums, business programs and standards programs. A complete schedule of programs can be found on the SEMICON Korea website (Korean: www.semiconkorea.org/ko/Programs/ProgramCalendar, English: www.semiconkorea.org/en/Programs/ProgramCalendar )
As the opening program of SEMICON Korea, the Executive Forum will address the strategies and challenges of the 450mm transition from the viewpoint of each of the value chains. Speakers from Applied Materials, ASML, Eugene Technology, IMEC, KLA-Tencor and Lam Research will participate in the Forum.
Highlights of SEMICON Korea 2013 include:
- SEMI Technology Symposium (STS) will address the latest global trends and new technologies of the semiconductor manufacturing process, including: Advanced Lithography, Dielectrics, Metals, New Materials and their processes; Device Technology; Plasma Science and Etching Technology; Contamination-free Manufacturing and CMP Technology; and Electropackage Systems. The event features presentations from IBM, Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix, Dongbu HiTek, and other industry leaders and academia.
- SEMI/VLSI Market Seminar, co-organized with VLSI Research, offers analysis and outlook of the mobile and personal computing market, IC Market, sub-system market as well as semiconductor equipment and materials.
- Executive Forum: 450mm Transition will focus on challenges and opportunities with presentations by:
- Luc Van Den Hove, IMEC
- Roderik van Es, senior marketing manager, ASML
- Mark Fissel, vice president 450mm Program, Lam Research
- Kirk Hasserjian, corporate vice president, Applied Materials
- Hubert Altendorfer, senior director, 450mm Program, KLA-Tencor
- Joo Young Lee, executive vice president, Eugene Technology
- System LSI Forum will present System‐on‐Chip platform architectures related to image sensing and object detection for smart driving systems.
- Supplier Search Program is where the global leading device makers like Toshiba, SONY, UMC, Siltronic, and GLOBALFOUNDRIES participate and find new local business partners.
- Presidents Reception attracts more than 350 participants including industry leaders, decision makers and VIPs.
- OEM Supplier Search Meeting offers excellent opportunities for local parts and components companies to pursue new business opportunities with top level of OEM’s.
New to SEMICON Korea this year: an Executive Forum on the 450mm Transition, the OEM Supplier Search Meeting, Test Forum and Vacuum Forum.
Premier sponsors of SEMICON Korea 2013 include Samsung, SK Hynix, and Dongbu HiTek. Other sponsors include Applied Materials, Lam Research, Exicon, ASE Group, Advantest, and Teradyne.
In conjunction with SEMICON Korea 2013, LED Korea 2013 will hold a two-day technical conference to present the latest technical perspectives on LED manufacturing and applications. Also, the LED Korea Reception as networking event is an excellent place to connect with leading executives and experts, and maximize business opportunities.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains. Our 2,000 member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org
# # #
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows
- SEMI Members