MILPITAS, Calif. – March 14, 2023 – Focusing on Building a Path Forward for the global semiconductor industry’s drive to $1 trillion and net zero, SEMICON West 2023 will gather industry experts and leaders July 11-13 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco for insights into the latest trends and innovations in sustainability, supply chain management, workforce development and other critical industry issues. The event, North America’s premier exhibition and conference for the microelectronics supply chain, will feature keynotes and executive panels with thought leaders from the electronics design and manufacturing ecosystem, academia and government. Registration is open.
SEMICON West 2023 will also address key themes including government investment in chip manufacturing, heterogeneous integration, smart mobility, smart medtech and smart manufacturing.
“As a previous executive, exhibitor, board member and attendee of over 30 shows, I have never seen as many new and exciting enhanced show features as there will be at SEMICON West 2023,” said Joe Stockunas, president of SEMI Americas. “The program is shaping up to be an incredible lineup, leading each morning with the CEO Summit keynote presentations followed by full days of great content from industry leaders and networking activities. It’s a perfect opportunity and space to catch up with colleagues, grow your contacts and business, and extend conversations at nearby iconic San Francisco restaurants and happy hours. We are close to sellout in the exhibition halls and look forward to seeing you there.”
CEO Summit Keynotes at SEMICON West 2023
- Path to $1T
- Luminaries will share insights on the chip industry’s progress towards $1 trillion in annual revenue including the importance of CHIPS Act funding as well as new semiconductor technology advances and growth segments that promise to boost the global supply chain’s financial performance.
- Path to Net Zero
- CEOs will share sustainability strategies and perspectives on the U.S. microelectronics industry’s position on international sustainability and climate agreements and legislation.
- Path for Talent
- Featured topics will include creating a diverse and inclusive industry, building a career in microelectronics and cultivating an inclusive talent pipeline.
Building a Path to Net Zero – Sustainability Programs
This track will include the Path to Net Zero CEO Summit keynotes and the following sessions.
- Climate Equity & Social Impact
- The session will showcase big-picture environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics and collaborative solutions to the most daunting challenges presented by the world’s rapidly changing climate. Focus areas include advancing the United Nations’ sustainable development goals, establishing equitable economic opportunities, and leveraging public-private partnerships to develop climate equity programs.
- Sustainability & EHS Forum 2023
- Speakers and panels will discuss the status of disclosures, incentives, tax implications, regulations, and new proposals for research related to per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), Integrated Farm Plan (PIP) and greenhouse gases. They’ll also explore strategies for navigating the evolving regulatory environment.
- Startups for Semiconductor Sustainability Pitch & Pavilion
- The session will highlight the role of startups in the semiconductor industry’s path to net zero. Panels of venture capitalists and corporate venture capitalists will discuss their funding of new technology solutions for decarbonization.
- Also featured will be pitches from SEMI Startups for Semiconductor Sustainability program finalists and a pitch and mentoring competition judged by the corporate venture capital arms of leading semiconductor makers and equipment manufacturers. The Startups program is part of the SEMI Sustainability Initiative to enable a greener chip industry.
Supply Chain Management and CHIPS Act Investments
- Navigating Uncertainty – How Do You Build Agile Supply Chains?
- With business agility never more important to overcome industry disruptions, this panel will discuss foundational requirements for an agile supply chain and strategies for addressing challenges in a rapidly changing environment.
- CHIPS Act: The Path Forward
- This session will provide updates on available federal funding, program priorities, forecasts of new chip fabs expected from the CHIPS Act incentives, and an outlook for supply chain growth.
SEMICON West 2023 Pavilions
- Smart Manufacturing Pavilion
- Highlights will include discussions on automation and equipment for fully autonomous factories, wireless connectivity and security, manufacturing operations enabled by artificial intelligence and machine learning, and deploying Industry 4.0 technologies in new facilities enabled by CHIPS Act funding.
- Smart Mobility Pavilion
- Key themes will include affordable electrification, intelligent sensors for smart mobility, and the role of silicon carbide (SiC) in the automotive ecosystem.
- Smart MedTech Pavilion
- Industry leaders, innovators, and venture capitalists will discuss future opportunities in the medical technology sector and showcase the latest innovations.
- Workforce Development Pavilion
- Targeting both new strategies for recruiters and tactics for job seekers, the pavilion will highlight why microelectronics is a smart career choice, feature discussions on building a diverse and inclusive workforce, and host an interactive day with high school students to help spark their interest in microelectronics careers.
- The SEMI Market Symposium will provide a midyear update of key market trends and drivers as well as a forum to discuss pertinent business issues. Speakers will present market forecasts and analysis for the semiconductor, equipment, materials and other industries in the electronics design and manufacturing supply chain.
- Bulls & Bears will again feature unique and diverse perspectives from Wall Street analysts on the microelectronics industry.
Technology experts will explore key themes such as silicon wafers and advanced wafer technology, market dynamics and sustainability in electronic materials, the latest trends in sensorization, heterogeneous integration, and accelerating the pace of lithography and scaling innovation.
SEMICON West 2023 will also feature networking opportunities at show floor lounges and receptions.
The Design Automation Conference (DAC), the premier gathering focused on the design and design automation of electronic circuits and systems, will co-locate with SEMICON West 2023.
Follow SEMICON West on Twitter: #SEMICONWest
SEMI® connects more than 2,500 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA), the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) and SOI Consortium are SEMI Strategic Technology Communities. Visit www.semi.org, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.
Michael Hall/SEMI US