Working Groups Enable Faster Response & Deliverables
The SEMI Sustainability Initiative has many volunteers active and providing deliverables across the spectrum. Cross communication and alignment are facilitated by the SEMI Sustainability Advisory Council (SAC) and the professional SEMI staff.
Environmental Working Groups
These broader, non-climate, Working Groups are led by volunteers and most are open to SEMI Members (in good standing) with an interest and ability to contribute to the overall effort.
- Circularity: Water & Waste WG
- Motivation: Create a marketplace of best practices and unsolved water and waste management issues for collaboration at an industry level, serving to expedite conservation of water and reduction of waste by the semiconductor value chain.
- Startups for Semiconductor Sustainability (S3) WG
- Charter: Deliver sustainability solutions to the semiconductor industry by curating and enabling Clean Tech startup innovations to see the semiconductor industry need and use case, through mentoring, pitch events, and matching with potential supporters.
- Materiality Assessment WG
- Charter: Develop systematic materiality assessment processes to effectively identify and prioritize ESG issues that are most significant to the semiconductor value chain. Use this process to help prioritize activity.
- Environmental Risk and Mitigation WG
- Charter: The Climate Risk and Mitigation Working Group aims to serve as a peer-to-peer learning platform for member companies, foster networking and knowledge sharing, and provide resources and guidance around climate risk and opportunity assessments in alignment with the Taskforce on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- Climate Equity & Justice WG
- Charter: Connect and support our member and industry efforts to open eyes and hearts to caring for the Earth by sharing information on non-emission-related activities by building synergies between semiconductor and technology institutions to prioritize climate equity and social justice initiatives, reaching global demographics through education, outreach and partnerships.
- SEMI Standards TF: Environmental Performance Rating (register through SEMI Standards)
- Develop standardized methods to "score" sustainability by using the SEMI Standards process. Learn More.
To join, send an email to SCC@semi.org noting which working group you would like to join or contact the leaders or a SEMI representative.
SEMI Working Groups utilize the sharing platform Connect@SEMI to share documents, events information and discussion threads. Download our Guide for more information on how to use the platform.
SCC Environmental Working Groups
These climate-related working groups are open only to representatives of Semiconductor Climate Consortium (SCC) Member companies with an interest and ability to contribute to the focused effort. Some WGs have an approval process for new members. For more information on the Objectives and activity of each group, visit the SCC website and click on Working Groups to see the Mission and Objectives for each group.
- Ambition-setting, Baselining & Roadmapping WG
- Scope 1 Emissions WG
- Scope 2 Emissions WG
- Scope 3 Emissions WG
- Emissions Reporting Protocol WG
- SCC Outreach WG
Environment, Health & Safety Working Groups
To find out more about these EHS Working Groups, visit the SEMI EHS webpages.
- ROHS WG
- REACH WG
- PFAS WG
- TSCA WG
- EU Machinery Directive WG
- GHG WG