WG1: Tier Mapping, Risk Management Framework and Resiliency Metrics
This working group’s mission is to define and establish an industry-wide methodology and execution plan for "nTier" mapping of the electronics value chain and to create industry-standard risk management framework and resiliency metrics across this value chain.
Some of the focus areas include:
- Establish a tier mapping process for the industry with common definitions and nomenclature for tier mapping (Tiers, Levels, critical supplier, Etc.)
- Align on critical supply chain risk factors including location risk (natural disaster, geo-political, cost, labor), financial health, single sourced, geo concentration, single/sole source commodity, regulatory risk, cyber risk, spends, product criticality, etc.
- Develop risk framework and management process
- Develop overall program management for risk management
- Develop Resiliency Index - both for Companies and for Critical Materials
WG2: Supply Chain Agility Metrics
This working group is dedicated to establishing a platform for early and actionable leading/lagging electronics supply chain management (SCM) indicators, and ongoing set of metrics to benchmark and track trends. The overarching goal is to assist SEMI in the development of dashboards in collaboration with their Strategic Partners, focusing on pertinent indicators.
Agility metrics include:
- Macroeconomic Indicators
- Lead Time
- Supply Vs. Demand
- Sourcing and Procurement metrics
Working group meetings are held on a bi-weekly cadence.