With so much uncertainty facing the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain due to COVID-19, SEMI created this Coronavirus Resources section of our website to help member companies and the broader tech industry to make informed business decisions. You will find the latest status updates on our events, best business practices, insightful blog and news content, highlights of the efforts of members and the industry, and additional useful links and information.
A message from our CEO
Dear SEMI members and industry colleagues,
Thank you for visiting our Coronavirus Resources website. SEMI continues to update it with useful and timely content on best business practices to assist you in your efforts to cope with the impact of COVID-19.
We also continue to share stories of how member companies in all regions have risen to the occasion during the pandemic, both with technology and donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) to frontline workers. I applaud you for the resiliency, resourcefulness and generosity you have shown during these trying times.
Additionally, I encourage you to visit our SEMI events webpage for information on our upcoming webinars and events. We have gathered experts in a wide range of areas to share insights on the way forward.
Beyond these resources, please know that the team at SEMI is working diligently across all of our platforms and regions to sustain the industry:
- SEMI Global Advocacy has lobbied with government officials in multiple countries to secure “essential business” status for the industry while continuing to monitor and address geopolitical concerns, ongoing trade tensions, and new export control regulations.
- Our Workforce Development team is hosting virtual meetings and webinars to help the industry find and develop talent, and it is maintaining our Diversity & Inclusion programs to advance equality. SEMI has proudly joined in with our member companies speaking out against racism.
- SEMI Standards committees and task forces are continuing to meet virtually, and their work is helping to sustain efficient manufacturing operations.
- Our Industry Research & Statistics is tracking quickly changing market dynamics and offering updates to guide your decisions.
- Our Technology Communities and Smart Initiatives are helping to maintain connections and collaboration across the diverse, interdependent electronics supply chain.
I urge you to revisit our website from time to time for fresh updates and to explore new ways that SEMI can aid you in establishing the next normal.
President and CEO, SEMI