SEOUL, South Korea ─ January 30, 2024 ─ With the rise of generative AI driving demand for advanced chips and memory semiconductors to process and store massive amounts of data, the stage is set for SEMICON Korea 2024, opening tomorrow at COEX in Seoul. The region's premier microelectronics event, SEMICON Korea 2024 will take aim at collaborations and technology innovations critical to manufacturing semiconductors demanded by advanced applications.
Themed Innovation Beyond Boundaries, SEMICON Korea 2024 is expected to draw record attendance of 70,000 as 500 companies showcase the latest semiconductor manufacturing technologies. The event will host 30 technology and business conferences featuring more than 200 visionaries and experts as speakers. Opportunities for companies from across the semiconductor supply chain to connect and explore new collaborations will also be a key feature.
The need for greater global semiconductor industry collaboration continues as players from across the chip ecosystem explore ways to overcome some of the world’s biggest technology challenges, including harnessing the power of semiconductors to manage generative AI and other data-hungry applications. South Korea is vital in this effort, with major semiconductor equipment companies such as ASML, Applied Materials, Lam Research, and TEL establishing R&D centers in the region. At the same time, Korea’s memory leaders Samsung and SK hynix, as well as the region’s equipment, materials and parts enterprises, are uncovering new collaboration opportunities.
SEMICON Korea 2024 Keynotes
Choonhwan Kim, Senior Vice President,
Changes in Technology Trends to Overcome
Anand Nambiar, Chief Commercial Officer of Electronics Business Sector
Digital and Data in the Materials World
Sean Lundy, VP, Global Sales
Eliyan Unleashed: Elevating Package Performance and Accelerating Memory Chiplets Adoption
Jung-Woo Ha, Head of AI Innovation and Head of Future
NAVER’s Strategy in Era of Paradigm Shift by Frontier AI
More SEMICON Korea 2024 Highlights
- The popular Supplier Search Program will host major chipmakers including GlobalFoundries, Infineon, KIOXIA and Micron as they hold some 100 meetings with Korean equipment, materials and parts companies looking to expand their global footprint.
- Forums will key in on market trends, sustainability, smart manufacturing, and metrology and inspection, with major players from across the global semiconductor ecosystem sharing best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
- Investment Forums
- The U.S. Investment Forum will offer insights into the U.S. CHIPS Act and discuss how states such as Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, New York and Texas are establishing supporting policies.
- The Europe Investment Forum will feature representatives from the European Commission, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom offering insights into the EU CHIPS Act and investment strategies for growing the semiconductor industry.
- The Southeast Asia Investment Forum will feature representatives from Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam – all emerging semiconductor manufacturing regions.
- New: The Startup Summit will match venture capitalists with startup chip companies aspiring to become the next unicorns in order to explore investment opportunities.
The STS (SEMI Technology Symposium) at SEMICON Korea 2024 will showcase the latest technology advances and roadmaps in sessions on six key semiconductor manufacturing processes:
- CMP and Cleaning
To help address the semiconductor industry’s talent shortage, 10 engineers will provide guidance on career development to STEM university students during the Meet the Experts! mentoring program. Additionally, Women-in-Technology, aimed at enhancing industry competitiveness by promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the chip industry, will host four female leaders as they share insights into career growth.
Full details are available on the SEMICON Korea 2024 website.
SEMI® is the global industry association connecting over 3,000 member companies and 1.5 million professionals worldwide across the semiconductor and electronics design and manufacturing supply chain. We accelerate member collaboration on solutions to top industry challenges through Advocacy, Workforce Development, Sustainability, Supply Chain Management and other programs. Our SEMICON® expositions and events, technology communities, standards and market intelligence help advance our members’ business growth and innovations in design, devices, equipment, materials, services and software, enabling smarter, faster, more secure electronics. Visit www.semi.org, contact a regional office, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and X to learn more.
Jaegwan Shim/SEMI Korea
Michael Hall/SEMI US