Events & Announcements
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Attracting, developing and retaining talent are some of the great challenges facing the technology industries where the talent gap is growing. Studies have clearly shown that supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce can achieve hiring goals, increase innovation, profitability, and employee morale. There imbalances and barriers for women, black, indigenous and people of color. No single person or program can change the lack of diversity in our industry. But each passionate person can inspire others and their organizations to commit to diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
High Tech U
A 3-day program where students build the connection between their math and science classes and career opportunities in the high-tech field through hands-on workshops. The mission of the SEMI Foundation is to support education and career awareness in the field of high technology. We aim to positively impact all who participate, including students, their parents, teachers and volunteers.
Learn what it’s like to work in high tech. Interactive modules mimic the daily life of an engineer. Build a skillset that puts you on the pathway to success. Learn More.
A free career exploration program that exposes your student to the exciting world of high tech and prepares them for future education and career decisions. Learn More.
SEMI High Tech U (HTU) is a three-day high-tech career exploration program for high school students sponsored by the SEMI Foundation and hosted by industry sponsors and local colleges and universities. HTU is funded and supported by local companies that are passionate about showing students how the science, math, and technology taught in high school is relevant to careers in technology.
- There is no cost to attend. All supplies and food are provided. Please let us know if your student has dietary restrictions or requirements.
- If HTU is held at the same time school is in session, your student needs prior approval from their teacher or school counselor.
- Industry volunteers teach HTU workshops. Your student is expected to show a positive attitude, be a team player, and demonstrate an interest and aptitude for high-tech.
- Your student is expected to wear casual, workplace-appropriate clothing. Closed-toed shoes may be required for tech company tours.
- If your student is accepted, you are encouraged to attend a one-hour Parent Night session prior to the program.
- Application information is kept confidential and is used for the HTU program only. We never share your information.
Your students will participate in an industry inspired and industry led exploration program that gives them a new perspective on their math, science, and problem-solving skills. Experience the High Tech U curriculum for yourself through our two-day teacher program. See how you can integrate career exploration into your classroom. Learn More.
Join Our Interest List for Regular Updates
Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer, KLA
“SEMI Workforce Development is successfully partnering with our industry to attract talent and build out the talent pipeline. KLA has been impressed by the quality of students intercepted at recent SEMI events and hopes that SEMI continues to drive talent to our industry.”
For more info, visit KLA and SEMI Workforce Development.
Senior Manager, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships, TEL
"Over the past several years, I've had an intimate look at the SEMI Foundation’s work to tackle the most substantial challenges facing our industry – talent crisis, industry image, and D&I. As a member of the Board of Trustees, I look forward to working more closely with the Foundation to strengthen our industry across these and other critical issues."
For more info, visit TEL and the SEMI Foundation.